Live life,eat candy;)

Live,love,drink milk






Save

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Changes

Authors Note: This is a fictional story on how a boy named Johnny, changes into a young man.Through the story this boy will be talking to his therapist about his childhood.THIS IS NOT A TRUE STORY!


I never understood that death could take such a toll on someone's life, that it could change them forever. I remember when I was 7, crouched under a blanket, wishing that these men would be gone and would leave my family alone. It was a Sunday afternoon, my parents and I were just watching  Football. We heard something shatter upstairs, and my mom whispered closely to my ear, "Go Hide". The first place I could think of at that moment was behind our couch with a blanket on top of me. I heard my parents cautiously walk up the stairs, to see what the disruption was. The next sound I heard was screaming, and then two gun shots. By that time I was silently crying, praying to god that they were ok, and that we could get out of this house...alive. I remember hearing the men close the door, and I sprinted upstairs to find my parents. When I got to the top, I found them laying in pools of blood...Dead.

Therapist: So how does that make you feel?

Johnny: Sad that my childhood ended at that moment and that my life was never the same.

Therapist: Ok, you can carry on.

Johnny: So by then I was about 15, and I found myself living in my fourth foster home.

Therapist: So did you feel alone?

Johnny: No I remember there was this kid named Paul, he and I got along pretty well, but this kid got into some very bad stuff. There was a time when he and I were goofing around, with some drugs. I felt something suddenly clench my shoulder and then I turned around to see what happened, Paul had passed out. So I rushed him to the hostpital, which was a few blocks down. The doctors told me that Paul overdosed on drugs and that his heart had stopped.

Therapist: So how did Paul's death affect you?

Johnny: It was up until then that I really started to feel alone.

Therapist: Continue.

 When Paul died I felt detached like it was the world against myself. That's when my drug addiction sky rocketed, and more then half of the day I was high. I became majorly depressed and I just wanted to be dead. I had no friends, no money, no future, I owed people thousands of dollars, and every night I got beat up by the kids in my foster home.

Therapist: What do you think influenced this act of behavior?

Johnny: Well obviously the death of the 3 most important people to me and I just became majorly depressed and I just thought to myself this is the final destination.

Therapist: Continue

Johnny: When I was 19 I began robbing places. The only reason why I was doing this was because I  didn't even know when my next meal was or where I was going to sleep. I thought about suicide a COUPLE of times but I never really got the nerve. Looking back I think god was my nerves and he knew I had a future so he didn't let me kill myself.

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment