Live life,eat candy;)

Live,love,drink milk






Save

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Peeta Forgive me

“This is Just to Say” by William Carlos Williams
Parody: “Peeta Forgive Me
Jessie Bacon

Authors Note: This is a parody poem, meaning you take a poem and change the words in it. The original poem was "This is just to Say" By William Carlos Williams. But I have Jessiefied it to match the "Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins which was my reading group's book.
I have eaten,
The rabbit,
That was in
The cave
 
And while,
You were unconscious,
Waiting to wake up,
To eat,
The rabbit,
For a snack,
I snatched it,
 
Forgive me
My tummy couldn’t,
Handle the hunger,
Throughout the games, 
But it was so satisfying,
So flavorful,
I’m so sorry Peeta.
 
 
This Poem relates to the Novel because  when Peeta and Katniss are inside the cave, Katniss knocks Peeta out 
from a gift Gaven by the capitol. It also ties in because Katniss and Peeta are both very Hungary and want 
to leave the games. The speaker is Katniss talking to Peeta about how she is sorry about eating his rabbit, and hoping that
she is forgiven. The audience is Peeta taking in the words of a sorry note written by Katniss. The tone of the poem
is very whiney and regretful. The mood is forgivable and sorryful.

No comments:

Post a Comment