Live life,eat candy;)

Live,love,drink milk






Save

Friday, May 18, 2012

The Lottery


When hearing the word lottery, you think of glory, money, rich, and tickets. When Ms. Hansen was reading the short story called the "Lottery", only one picture popped into my head and that was a person rolling in money. But page by page the picture in my head started to fade into this dark and gloomy horror story. What I thought was winning and fame, soon turned to darkness and death. To this little town of 300 lottery was that if there was a black dot on the mans card that meant the women of this family would get stoned.

Now if you were actually human,  you would see that why would you kill an innocent person and make some of their best friends throw stones at them.  Humanity means to keep composure, not kill, nor steal. But obviously in this town they are definitely lacking in some serious inhumanity. Also how is it fun for the town to throw stones and why would they kill person by person just because they had a black dot on their card? Overall I didn't like this story because I can't stand the thought of having to throw a stone at your own mom, and obviously this town is very inhuman.

4 comments:

  1. I liked it alot! I thought the intoduction was pretty much perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this was a good response! You also had great sentence fluency and the response made sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really could tell that you wrote this Jessie I would see your humor, but before you publish your pieces to your blog you might want to press spell check.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! you did a great job understanding what the story was about!

    ReplyDelete